Monday, October 27, 2008

Anger Management

Betty Ross: [Betty and Bruce need to get across town in New York City] The subway is probably quickest.

Bruce Banner: Me in a metal tube, deep underground with hundreds of people in the most aggressive city in the world?

Betty Ross: Right. Let's get a cab.

The Incredible Hulk


This turned out to be an excellent movie! I wasn't sure that I wanted to see it after the first Hulk movie being such a disappointment, but I went ahead and watched it - and I was glad that I did. The CGI in this movie is better and a little more realistic than the last. While you can still see it is CGI, it is darker and grittier so that it doesn't look so cartoonish.

The cast they assembled for this film did an excellent job in their individual roles. From what I have read, Edward Norton and Liv Tyler spent hours in conversation about the relationship they would have on-screen and Norton made several changes to the screenplay to incorporate their ideas to make it more "real" in its portrayal. I also thought that William Hurt did an awesome job as General Ross and really delivered in his portrayal of a man who sacrifices nearly everything for "the job".

As with any Marvel film, Stan Lee makes his cameo appearance and Lou Ferrigno, the original Hulk from the 1970's television series, makes an appearance as a college guard and does the voice of the Hulk for the movie. My wife and I didn't not recognize Lou at first, but when he made his appearance in the movie we both remarked on how incredibly muscular the guard seemed for a campus guard. So, even after all these years, Lou is still a bit of a Hulk.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I highly recommend you give it a shot. And watch for the scene following the quote I shared above. It sets up a great comic moment for Tyler!

No comments: