Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Joke is on the Joker

I was watching this movie with my boys this afternoon and thought I would do a quote from it for today:



The Joker: [Batman puts the Joker in an arm lock] What are you doing?

Terry McGinnis: Fighting dirty.

The Joker: The real Batman would never - [as Batman tightens his arm lock] - Ooh!

Terry McGinnis: Told you you didn't know me. [releases him]

The Joker: Funny guy...

Terry McGinnis: Can't say the same for you.

The Joker: Impudent brat... who do you think you're talking to?

Terry McGinnis: Not a comedian, I'll tell you that.

The Joker: [draws a laser pistol] Shut your mouth! [fires at Batman]

Terry McGinnis: [retreats into the rafters] The real Batman never talked to you much, did he? That's probably why you were so fixated on him. [tossing a bat-arang, knocking the gun out of Joker's hand]

The Joker: Don't play psychoanalyst with me, boy!

Terry McGinnis: Oh, I don't need a degree to figure you out. [hits the lights with a bat-arang, turning them off]

Terry McGinnis: The real reason you kept coming back was you never got a laugh out of the old man.

The Joker: I'm not hearing this...

Terry McGinnis: Get a clue, clowny! He's got no sense of humor! He wouldn't know a good joke if it bit him in the cape... not that you ever had a good joke.

The Joker: Shut up... shut up!

Terry McGinnis: I mean, joy-buzzers, squirting flowers, lame! Where's the "A" material? Make a face, drop your pants, something!

The Joker: Show yourself!

Terry McGinnis: You make me laugh. But only 'cause I think you're kinda pathetic. [mimics the Joker laugh]

The Joker: Stop that!

Terry McGinnis: [still laughing] So you fell in a tank of acid, got your skin bleached and decided to become a supervillain. What? You couldn't get a job as a rodeo clown? [continues laughing]

The Joker: [pulling out some grenades] Don't you dare laugh at me!...

Terry McGinnis: [laughs more] Why? I thought the Joker always wanted to make Batman laugh!

The Joker: YOU'RE NOT BATMAN! [Throws the grenades, knocking Terry out of the rafters and onto the ground]


Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker





Boy! Some villians can dish it out, but they sure can't take it!

No comments: