Thursday, September 4, 2008

SERIOUS Music Instruction

I was sitting on the couch last night with my 3 year old son and he shows me these music flash cards from his older brother's Kindermusik class that he took several years ago. Apparently, his brother had been instructing him in beats and rests and he felt that I needed a lesson as well. He makes me repeat after him as he points at the three bars on the card and says "Tee", "Tee", "Tee", and then he points at the "rest" sign, gets a serious look on his face and says in a lecturing tone: "This means don't play the pinano." I did my best not to crack a smile and asked him, "What does that mean?" Again, the serious look comes back, along with the lecturing tone as he repeated, "Don't play the pinano." It was so cute that I sent him into the kitchen to give his mother a music lesson as well.

No comments: